On 2011-05-17 17:46, Takashi Iwai wrote: > At Tue, 17 May 2011 15:46:43 +0200, > David Henningsson wrote: >> >> Just as for headphones and microphone jacks, this patch adds reporting >> of HDMI jack status through the input layer. >> >> I considered making additional SND_JACK_* constants for HDMI and >> Displayport instead of going with SND_JACK_VIDEOOUT, but it didn't seem >> worth the additions, and breakage of compiling with old kernels, etc. >> Let me know if you think otherwise and I'll prepare a second patch for >> that. > > Did you test it with the actual machine, right? > If it's working, I'm fine to add it. To be honest; it's partially working, or rather it's working in the sense that it follows the eld proc file. It's also working in hda-emu. I've tried it on one Nvidia (with binary drivers), and one Intel Graphics and well, and both seem to have the same problem essentially: There is no hotplug event coming in (through hdmi_unsol_event) when a monitor is removed. But with this patch in perhaps the graphics driver writers will feel more motivated to fix it? :-) Note that the hotplug event is not coming in when you actually plug the cable but when you detect displays and/or apply the monitor configuration change. I'm attaching a new version of the patch according to your preference, in hopes that it will be in 2.6.40. -- David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd. http://launchpad.net/~diwic