From: Guillaume Zajac <guillaume.zajac@linux.intel.com>
To: ofono@ofono.org
Subject: Re: Emulator not unregistered while sending ATH0
Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 14:12:47 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi Denis,

I have mixed some stuff concerning GIOChannels...

On 19/05/2011 12:13, Guillaume Zajac wrote:
> Hi Denis,
>
> I noticed that when I send +++ -> ATH0 during a PPP session the ppp
> server is well unregistered.
> However when the physical layer is removed (bluetooht or TCP), the
> associated emulator is not unregistered.
> As we used in gatutil.c set_close_on_unref(TRUE), it means there is
> still on reference on the GIOChannel.

The set_close_on_unref() from gatutil.c is done for ppp_net interface
GIOChannel.
It has nothing to do with the physical layer.

However, we do also:
     - set_close_on_unref(TRUE) into example/emulator.c
     - set_close_on_unref(FALSE) into plugins/dun_gw.c

So after the client send ATH0, the connection is removed and emulator
should be unregistered and removed but it is not the case.

> In the case the PPP session is ended normally, we call
> ppp_ipcp_down_notify() to free the ppp_net interface.
> Then the physical layer is removed and we got the emulator well
> unregistered.

That's why I assume unregistration of the emulator is bound to the way
PPP session is ended e.g.
normally ---> ppp_ipcpdown_notify()
forced ---> ATH0

> Do you have any idea about what is happening there?
> Maybe I forgot to do something into dun_ath_cb().

Kind regards,
Guillaume