*, Just applied 2.6.39.1 but my system: 64-bit SLackware, 8GB RAM, MSI mobo P67A-C45 bios V1.9. previously happily booting via EFI (nice to see Linux and the other OS actually NOT overwriting each others boot loaders!) immediately re-booted just after loading the kernel. Not even a single message is making it on the console, almost immediate system reset. As I noticed there are several EFI related patches, I first tried to backout the change to setup.c but that didn't help so backing out all the efi changes in the 2.6.39.1 patch, i.e. the files: - arch/x86/kernel/setup.c - arch/x86/platform/efi/efi.c - arch/x86/platform/efi/efi_64.c and sure enough system is booting on 2.6.39.1 with these changes removed. Attached dmesg+config from the system on 2.6.39.1 =without= the changes to efi. Anything I can do to further narrow down what's causing this? Thanks, Jim