From: Suzuki Poulose <suzuki@in.ibm.com>
To: edgar.iglesias@gmail.com
Cc: qemu-devel@nongnu.org
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Setting up PPC440 Virtex Image for Qemu
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 17:45:23 +0530	[thread overview]

Hi,

I am working on enabling the KEXEC on PPC440 chipsets. To debug my patches,
I would like to use the Qemu. The only available PPC440 support in Qemu is
for the ppc-virtex. (Thanks for adding the support).

I was trying to use the default image provided at

http://wiki.qemu.org/download/ppc-virtexml507-linux-2_6_34.tgz

However I cannot get the network up for the board to use the nfs root file
system.
----
PPC 4xx OCP EMAC driver, version 3.54
TCP cubic registered
NET: Registered protocol family 17
VFS: Unable to mount root fs via NFS, trying floppy.
VFS: Cannot open root device "nfs" or unknown-block(2,0)
Please append a correct "root=" boot option; here are the available partitions:
Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(2,0)
---

I tried using a different dtb based on virtex440-ml507.dts, but the
qemu complains :

[suzie@suzukikp ppc-virtex-ml507]$ ./qemu-run.sh
Unable to copy device tree in memory

Is there something I can do to get the networking up ? I think this may need to
be fixed in the dtb.

  Or is there any other mechanism to use a different file system ?
( I have the tool chain to build the kernel etc)

Thanks
Suzuki