On 08/04/2011 11:45 PM, Michael Schmitz wrote: > On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 4:59 AM, Tuomas Vainikka > wrote: >> Hello, >> >> The other network drivers were previously compiled as modules, and I only >> had apne built-in. >> Now I removed the other drivers being built in any way, but I still get an >> error: > Is there a way to get timestamps logged with each of the entries in > the call trace below (i.e. could we rig some profiling code for that)? > Would be interesting to know where exactly the kernel was spinning > when the watchdog fired. But maybe that's obvious to someone. > > Are there potential deadlocks with printk called from softirq context > (I think not ...)? What is the message printed immediately after the > trace? I've attached full dmesg outputs from ten sequential boots with the kernel config. You can see that the trace can happen any time, or not at all. > Last - has anyone ever tried to bisect this? > > Cheers, > > Michael >