On 08/13/11 03:53, Peter Zijlstra wrote: > > Whee, I can skip release announcements too! > > So no the subject ain't no mistake its not, 3.0.1-rt11 is there for the > grabs. > > Changes include (including the missing -rt10): > > - hrtimer fix that should make RT_GROUP work again > - RCU fixes that should make the RCU stalls go away > - fixes SMP=n builds after breaking them in -rt9 I have a consistent (every boot) hang on boot. With a few hacks to get console output, I get the rcu_preempt_state detected stalls on CPUs/tasks messages in the attached console log. The hacks are the attached patches. zzz_allow_console_trylock_for_sysrq Allows printk() to spew messages when it would otherwise be delayed, if oops_in_progress is true. zzz-turn-on-oops_in_progress Initializes oops_in_progress to 1 so that the boot printk()s and the rcu stall messages can spew forth. zzz-add-arm-arch_trigger_all_cpu_backtrace Prints the stack traces for each cpu when the rcu stalls are detected. ARM does not have an NMI, so I used an IPI to trigger the stack trace on each cpu. I think this is the reason I get a second rcu stall message immediately after the first one (at time 63.194937). This is an ARM NaviEngine (out of tree, so I also have applied a series of pages for platform support). CONFIG_PREEMPT_RT_FULL is set. Full config is attached. -Frank