On 2011-08-29 23:13, Avi Kivity wrote: > On 08/30/2011 12:06 AM, Jan Kiszka wrote: >> > >> > Does this need to be save/restored for migration? >> >> Nope, but we need some other measure. I thought to remember the pic was >> refreshing this after load, but I do not find any traces of this now. We >> likely need a post_load handler in the i8259 that re-asserts the IRQ as >> required. >> > > We need some kind of two phase restore. In the first phase all state is > restored; since some of that state drivers outputs that are input to > other devices, they may experience an edge, and we need to supress > that. In the second phase edge detection is unsupressed and the device > goes live. Sounds like it's time to open cpu_synchronize_all_post_init for non-kvm folks. Jan