On 09/02/2011 04:32 PM, Antti Palosaari wrote: > On 09/02/2011 02:04 PM, Bjørn Mork wrote: >> Antti Palosaari writes: >> >>> Since Anysee device itself does not have CCID interface it is needed >>> to make virtual USB device in order to get CCID support. I have never >>> seen virtual USB devices like that, but there is VHCI in current >>> kernel staging that actually does something like that over IP. >> >> Don't know if you have seen this already, but there's a virtual CCID >> device implementation in QEMU. See >> http://wiki.qemu.org/Features/Smartcard >> Should be a good starting point. Combine it withe the VHCI driver from >> USBIP and you have your CCID device. > > It is first time I hear about QEMU virtual CCID. Now we have all parts > needed for USBIP VHCI and QEMU virtual CCID, just glue those together. > > I wonder if it is wise to even create virtual CCID "core" to Kernel. > There is few other readers that can use that too, actually I think all > USB readers that have unique USB ID (blocking out those which uses > USB-serial converters with common IDs). > > As I see that CCID still more complex as serial device I will still look > implementing it as serial as now. Here it is, patch attached. Implemented as serial device. Anysee uses two different smart card interfaces, CST56I01 and TDA8024. That one is old CST56I01, I will try to add TDA8024 later, maybe even tonight. Anyhow, it is something like proof-of-concept currently, missing locks and abusing ttyUSB. Have you any idea if I should reserve own major device numbers for Anysee or should I reserve one like DVB common? Any other ideas? Antti -- http://palosaari.fi/