From: Ulf Samuelsson <ulf@emagii.com>
To: Khem Raj <raj.khem@gmail.com>
Cc: Patches and discussions about the oe-core layer
	<openembedded-core@lists.openembedded.org>
Subject: Re: bitbake -c clean <package> fails
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2012 10:21:24 +0100	[thread overview]

On 2012-02-07 23:40, Khem Raj wrote:
>>> Clean it's just a "clean". As in "make clean". So after a clean
>>> you will typically have configure, compile etc.
>>> "cleanall" = remove unpacked + remove source. So after a clean you
>>> will tipically have fetch.
>> I have tried clean, cleansstate and cleanall.
>> All of them remove the source directory.
> if you are talking about ${S} then yes but relevant content in ${DL_DIR} are only removed
> with cleanall

Yes, when I work on the kernel, I do not want to restart from unpack.
I would like to edit the existing ${S}and then restart a compile.
Once the compile succeeds, I want to deploy.
Once the kernel does what it is supposed to, I generate a patch
which is then added to the recipe.

At that time, I want to cleansstate and rebuild/retest.
To come around this problem right now, my kernel recipe generates a script
in ${S}, which will compile the kernel image and then copies it directly
to my tftp directory.