From: "Jan Beulich" <JBeulich@suse.com>
To: KUWAMURA Shin'ya <kuwa@jp.fujitsu.com>,
	xen-devel <xen-devel@lists.xen.org>
Cc: xen-ia64-devel <xen-ia64-devel@lists.xen.org>
Subject: removal of ia64 port
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 08:45:24 +0000	[thread overview]

Given that the ia64 port hasn't really been maintained for the last couple
of years (I am apparently the only one to try to keep it building at least,
but I suspect that it has been non-functional for quite a while), I'd like to
propose to remove the port. After quite some time of trying to get an
opinion from Intel on this, I was now notified of their agreement to this
move.

>From my pov, the only thing to discuss here is whether this should
happen right away, or after 4.2 went out (then with a formal removal
proposal in that release - the port's state isn't being reflected correctly
anyway in ./MAINTAINERS afaict).

Thoughts?

Thanks, Jan