* [U-Boot] Introducing myself
@ 2012-04-12  7:20 Timo Ketola
From: Timo Ketola @ 2012-04-12  7:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Dear u-boot,

I'm about to cooperate more with you here in the U-Boot list and thought that
introducing myself first would be in order.

My name is Timo Ketola. I work for a smallish (17 fellows) finnish company
called Exertus (www.exertus.fi). I have a 25 year career on embedded systems.
Seven last years I have designed boards with many kinds of ARM-chips and have
adapted U-Boot into some of them.

Regarding U-Boot, I am now working with a i.MX25 based board. I'm looking
forward to get my board adaptation into the mainline of U-Boot.

This is the first time for me to work with a community. Working practices in a
community (git procedures etc.) are all new for me. So, I'll expect
constructive critic on my forthcoming posts.

--

Timo

* [U-Boot] Introducing myself
@ 2012-04-15  3:12 ` Mike Frysinger
From: Mike Frysinger @ 2012-04-15  3:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On Thursday 12 April 2012 03:20:31 Timo Ketola wrote:
> This is the first time for me to work with a community. Working practices
> in a community (git procedures etc.) are all new for me. So, I'll expect
> constructive critic on my forthcoming posts.

g'luck!
-mike
> On Thursday 12 April 2012 03:20:31 Timo Ketola wrote:
> > This is the first time for me to work with a community. Working practices
> > in a community (git procedures etc.) are all new for me. So, I'll expect
> > constructive critic on my forthcoming posts.
>
> g'luck!

Heh, sounded reassuring ;-)

btw don't let some duds ward you off ;-)

> -mike

Best regards,
Marek Vasut

* [U-Boot] Introducing myself
@ 2012-04-15 12:35     ` Timo Ketola
From: Timo Ketola @ 2012-04-15 12:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On 15.04.2012 11:11, Marek Vasut wrote:
> btw don't let some duds ward you off ;-)

Reading a handful of technical lists I know what you mean, but, While I'm
prepared for my fair share of impertinent feedback, all comments so far have
been helpful and well-founded.

And I'd like to thank (should have in the first message) the community for the
great product. It has much more value than a comparable closed source product
even if it were ready made and complete.

--

Timo

* [U-Boot] Introducing myself
@ 2012-04-15 12:37   ` Timo Ketola
From: Timo Ketola @ 2012-04-15 12:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On 15.04.2012 06:12, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> g'luck!

Thanks!

--

Timo

* [U-Boot] Introducing myself
@ 2012-04-15 12:52       ` Marek Vasut
From: Marek Vasut @ 2012-04-15 12:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Dear Timo Ketola,

> On 15.04.2012 11:11, Marek Vasut wrote:
> > btw don't let some duds ward you off ;-)
>
> Reading a handful of technical lists I know what you mean, but, While I'm
> prepared for my fair share of impertinent feedback, all comments so far
> have been helpful and well-founded.

Aww ... stop your yapping, don't even talk to me, you don't even understand
anything ;-D

> And I'd like to thank (should have in the first message) the community for
> the great product. It has much more value than a comparable closed source
> product even if it were ready made and complete.

Ok, on a more serious note, you're very welcome and we look forward to your
contributions :-)

> --
>
> Timo

Best regards,