On 05/10/2012 10:19 PM, Marek Lindner wrote: > On Friday, May 11, 2012 03:47:30 Matthias Schiffer wrote: >> 2nd, I think without batman-adv specific extensions LLDP isn't very >> useful, as the LLDP daemon only cares about the bat0/bridge MAC >> addresses, and not the hardif MAC addresses which are visible in the >> vis. The softif MAC addresses are shown in the vis as TT records, of >> course, but as one can't really discern between the adresses of the node >> itself and those of other clients on the bridge, it's rather useless in >> my opinion. > > I understand all reason except for the last one. What are you trying to > achieve that you need to auto-discover all batman-adv interfaces ? Are you > trying to replace vis ? > As far as I understood Martin was trying to point you to a protocol which > broadcasts arbitrary data on layer2 (similar to mDNS on layer3). I'm trying to merge vis data with other data, so I can create a map which contains node information as well as link qualify information et cetera. To archive this, I need a reliable way to relate batman-adv vis nodes with LLDP nodes. Matthias