From: Michael Zintakis <michael.zintakis@googlemail.com>
To: lm-sensors@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: [lm-sensors] CPU fan with full speed
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2012 22:46:14 +0000	[thread overview]

> If I understand the code and the data sheet correectly, this attribute
> is a bit map used to map a temperature source to one or multiple fans.

I was just about to fire-up a question regarding that point! My
pwm3_auto_channels_pwm has a value of 4 and I was a bit baffled why 4
and not 3 - the above explains it very well.

Related to this query: as part of my censors setup, I have 3 different
temperature monitors which supply reading for my CPU. 2 of them are in
hwmon0/device/tempX_input (Intel's own coretemp module, X=2,3) and one
of them is part of my f71882fg chip-supported reading:
hwmon1/device/temp1_input. There are 2 Intel readings, because the CPU
is multi-core.

Now, the f71882fg CPU reading is a bit off. What I mean by that is that
it shows temperature which is between 3-7 degrees cooler than the
Intel's own (coretemp) readings. Is there a way (via
pwm1_auto_channels_pwm perhaps) to force f71882fg to take the coretemp
reading into account instead of using its own?

I tried to "cheat" by executing "ln -s
/sys/class/hwmon/hwmon0/device/temp2_input
/sysclass/hwmon/hwmon1/device/temp4_input" but that didn't work - I get
"No such file or directory" error. I cannot write anything to that
hwmon1/device directory. Is there any way of pointing my f71882fg driver
to read the 2 Intel temperatures temperatures instead of using its own,
not very accurate reading?