* SPI, GPIO, and DT maintainer ship (cry for help)
@ 2012-07-02  0:49 ` Grant Likely
From: Grant Likely @ 2012-07-02  0:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Robert Herring, Linus Walleij, Wolfram Sang
	spi-devel-general-request, devicetree-discuss

Hi Wolfram, Rob & Linus W.

I believe all three of you know that I'm in the process of moving to
Scotland. The house is on the market and we have flights booked for
the end of July.

The problem is that the move is becoming so much work that I barely
have time to sit down with the computer, let alone handle patches. It
probably isn't going to get any better either until the kids are
settled in their new school (mid August).  I need help to prepare for
the next merge window, and quite possibly the next window.  Since you
three have agreed to co-maintain those subsystems with me, can you
please take a look at the patches that have been posted, pick up the
ones that look ready to go to you, and get them into linux-next?  I
may even need you to send pull requests to Linus when the window opens
if I'm still under water.

Also, if you have any bug fixes that need to go into v3.5, go ahead
and send them on to Linus directly (Rob, I think I saw a pull request
from you).

Things will definitely be better after the move is finished and
ksummit/plumbers is over.  Until then, thanks in advance for anything
you can do to help with the load.

g.

From: Grant Likely @ 2012-07-02  0:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Robert Herring, Linus Walleij, Wolfram Sang
  Cc: spi-devel-general-request-5NWGOfrQmneRv+LV9MX5uipxlwaOVQ5f,
	devicetree-discuss, Linus Torvalds, Linux Kernel Mailing List

[...]

* Re: SPI, GPIO, and DT maintainer ship (cry for help)
  (?)
@ 2012-07-02  4:04 ` Rob Herring
From: Rob Herring @ 2012-07-02  4:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Grant Likely
  Cc: Linus Walleij, Wolfram Sang, Linus Torvalds,
	Linux Kernel Mailing List, spi-devel-general-request,
	devicetree-discuss

Grant,

On 07/01/2012 07:49 PM, Grant Likely wrote:
> Hi Wolfram, Rob & Linus W.
>
> I believe all three of you know that I'm in the process of moving to
> Scotland. The house is on the market and we have flights booked for
> the end of July.

Cool!

> The problem is that the move is becoming so much work that I barely
> have time to sit down with the computer, let alone handle patches. It
> probably isn't going to get any better either until the kids are
> settled in their new school (mid August).  I need help to prepare for
> the next merge window, and quite possibly the next window.  Since you
> three have agreed to co-maintain those subsystems with me, can you
> please take a look at the patches that have been posted, pick up the
> ones that look ready to go to you, and get them into linux-next?  I
> may even need you to send pull requests to Linus when the window opens
> if I'm still under water.

No problem. I am going on vacation the last part of July, but should be
online off and on. There hasn't been too much that needs to be merged
thru DT tree. I have been queuing up a few things, but hadn't yet
replied on them as my last pull request hadn't been pulled.

> Also, if you have any bug fixes that need to go into v3.5, go ahead
> and send them on to Linus directly (Rob, I think I saw a pull request
> from you).

Yes, will do.

> Things will definitely be better after the move is finished and
> ksummit/plumbers is over.  Until then, thanks in advance for anything
> you can do to help with the load.

See you in San Diego and good luck with the move.

Rob

* Re: SPI, GPIO, and DT maintainer ship (cry for help)
@ 2012-07-04 23:30   ` Linus Walleij
From: Linus Walleij @ 2012-07-04 23:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Grant Likely
  Cc: Robert Herring, Wolfram Sang, Linus Torvalds,

On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 2:49 AM, Grant Likely <grant.likely@secretlab.ca> wrote:

> Since you
> three have agreed to co-maintain those subsystems with me, can you
> please take a look at the patches that have been posted, pick up the
> ones that look ready to go to you, and get them into linux-next?  I
> may even need you to send pull requests to Linus when the window opens
> if I'm still under water.
>
> Also, if you have any bug fixes that need to go into v3.5, go ahead
> and send them on to Linus directly (Rob, I think I saw a pull request
> from you).

OK I'll see what I can do, sadly I'm a bit swamped too and will be
on vacation but I'll try.

Linus Walleij

From: Linus Walleij @ 2012-07-04 23:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Grant Likely
  Cc: devicetree-discuss, Wolfram Sang, Robert Herring,
	Linux Kernel Mailing List,
	spi-devel-general-request-5NWGOfrQmneRv+LV9MX5uipxlwaOVQ5f,
	Linus Torvalds

On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 2:49 AM, Grant Likely <grant.likely-s3s/WqlpOiPyB63q8FvJNQ@public.gmane.org> wrote:

> Since you
> three have agreed to co-maintain those subsystems with me, can you
> please take a look at the patches that have been posted, pick up the
> ones that look ready to go to you, and get them into linux-next?  I
> may even need you to send pull requests to Linus when the window opens
> if I'm still under water.
>
> Also, if you have any bug fixes that need to go into v3.5, go ahead
> and send them on to Linus directly (Rob, I think I saw a pull request
> from you).

OK I'll see what I can do, sadly I'm a bit swamped too and will be
on vacation but I'll try.

Linus Walleij

* Re: SPI, GPIO, and DT maintainer ship (cry for help)
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
  (?)
@ 2012-07-05 20:09 ` Wolfram Sang
From: Wolfram Sang @ 2012-07-05 20:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Grant Likely
  Cc: Robert Herring, Linus Walleij, Linus Torvalds,
	Linux Kernel Mailing List, spi-devel-general-request,
	devicetree-discuss

Hi Grant,

> I believe all three of you know that I'm in the process of moving to
> Scotland. The house is on the market and we have flights booked for
> the end of July.

That's news to me. Good luck!

> settled in their new school (mid August).  I need help to prepare for
> the next merge window, and quite possibly the next window.  Since you
> three have agreed to co-maintain those subsystems with me, can you
> please take a look at the patches that have been posted, pick up the
> ones that look ready to go to you, and get them into linux-next?  I

Though I'd like to help out, I need to pass on this time. My resources
simply won't allow to do the job (with the quality I envision, that is).
I hope somebody else can jump in? If not, I can collect urgent patches,
at least.

Regards,

   Wolfram

--
Pengutronix e.K.                           | Wolfram Sang                |

* Re: SPI, GPIO, and DT maintainer ship (cry for help)
@ 2012-07-06 18:01   ` Mark Brown
From: Mark Brown @ 2012-07-06 18:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wolfram Sang
  Cc: Grant Likely, Robert Herring, Linus Walleij, Linus Torvalds,

On Thu, Jul 05, 2012 at 10:09:17PM +0200, Wolfram Sang wrote:
> Hi Grant,

> > the next merge window, and quite possibly the next window.  Since you
> > three have agreed to co-maintain those subsystems with me, can you
> > please take a look at the patches that have been posted, pick up the
> > ones that look ready to go to you, and get them into linux-next?  I

> Though I'd like to help out, I need to pass on this time. My resources
> simply won't allow to do the job (with the quality I envision, that is).
> I hope somebody else can jump in? If not, I can collect urgent patches,
> at least.

I could probably help out with SPI if that's useful (GPIO seems already
covered by Linus W)?