Hi Marc, On 2021/1/22 19:47, Marc Zyngier wrote: > Hi Yanan, > > On 2021-01-22 10:13, Yanan Wang wrote: >> Hi, Will, Marc, >> Is there any further comment on the v3 series I post previously? > > None, I was planning to queue them for 5.12 over the weekend. > >> If they are not fine to you, then I think maybe we should just turn >> back to the original solution in v1, where I suggestted to filter out >> the case of only updating access permissions in the map handler and >> handle it right there. >> >> Here are the reasons for my current opinion: >> With an errno returned from the map handler for this single case, there >> will be one more vcpu exit from guest and we also have to consider the >> spurious dirty pages. Besides, it seems that the EAGAIN errno has been >> chosen specially for this case and can not be used elsewhere for other >> reasons, as we will change this errno to zero at the end of the >> function. >> >> The v1 solution looks like more concise at last, so I refine the diff >> and post the v4 with two patches here, just for a contrast. >> >> Which solution will you prefer now? Could you please let me know. > > I'm still very much opposed to mixing mapping and permission changes. > How bad is the spurious return to a vcpu? > > Actually, there is not much difference functionally for these two solutions. I just thought there was a bit more change relatively in v3 for the new page-table framework. But I still respect your opinion, so v3 is fine enough.  :) Thanks, Yanan.