Hi James, On 3/11/21 6:32 PM, James Prestwood wrote: > Hi Alvin, > > > >> So to answer your question, I don't know directly, but then I did >> some >> searching online and found this thread[1] where a guy does the same >> grep: >> >> $ strings /lib/firmware/brcm/brcmfmac43455-sdio.bin | grep Version >> 43455c0-roml/43455_sdio-pno-aoe-pktfilter-pktctx-wfds-mfp-dfsradar- >> wowlpf-idsup-idauth-noclminc-clm_min-obss-obssdump-swdiv-gtkoe- >> roamprof-txbf-ve-sae-sr-okc-bpd >> Version: ... >> >> And there I can see 'sae', so there's a good chance that this >> firmware >> supports SAE offload. For WPA3 and FT offload I don't know what the >> corresponding string is but I believe (firmware driven) FT is a >> standard >> feature so it might not have its own string. More on that later... > > As a side note here on SAE, would you mind just doing 'iw list' and > seeing if SAE_OFFLOAD is listed in the extended feature list (for your > card). I also see 'sae' when I grep the FW, but its still not included > in ext features. Sure - I just checked and `iw list | grep SAE` doesn't show anything. > > I have trying this on a Raspberry Pi, which is the brcmfac43455- > sdio.bin FW. I see you mentioned "cyfmac43455-sdio.bin", which I'm > guessing is a non-released version or something? I got my FW from an > official cypress release, Nov. 2020 I believe it was. Hmm ok, so maybe the 'sae' string doesn't mean anything after all... sorry for the noise. Regarding the filename stuff: Cypress decided to change the FW filenames at some point last year, which is a bit maddening because I believe this stuff is also considered ABI. But the brcmfmac* and cyfmac* .bin/clm_blob/txt files are pretty much interchangeable AFAIK, so long as the numerical part of the chipsets matche, regardless of the BCM or CYW prefix. If you use a mainline kernel, I think it expects brcmfmac* files. If you use the Cypress release (see link in my last reply), then it will want the cyfmac* files. If you search the internet you will find RPi users also confused by this, and that it seems like both Broadcom and Cypress claim to be vendors of the RPi wireless chipset. KeithG seems to have the same experience. But renaming the files to whatever your driver is expecting is all you have to do. The cyw*.bin files I grepped are from the Cypress FMAC/FW release I linked in my last mail. It's the same thing KeithG linked too - just that he linked the .zip directly. Another source of firmwares is from muRata, who make SoMs based on the Cypress chipsets. They have a separate release repository for firmwares[1] and maybe one of those might have SAE support. Otherwise I'm out of ideas... Kind regards, Alvin