From: webmaster <webmaster@vlsc.org>
To: mlmmj@mlmmj.org
Subject: Re: [mlmmj] distribution "dead upstream" discussion
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2021 17:43:40 +0000	[thread overview]

I'm just a site admin who uses mlmmj on several domains, so I can't
speak to the maintenance issues but only as a user of mlmmj:

I've recently looked at other mailing list options (again) and I still
find nothing with the same level of flexibility and ease of use, in
terms of managing several lists on a domain and being able to write
basic PHP to manage the lists per my own needs.

Compared to Mailman... well there is no comparison - I'd rather use
mlmmj every time.

mlmmj can be a bit difficult to install, given the sometimes terse and
incomplete documentation, but once it's working, it IS a joy to work with.

I too have been concerned that it appears there's been no activity
recently, but until it breaks or some email security paradigm shifts and
makes mlmmj un-safe to use, I'll still be a fan, and I'll still
recommend it to others.  I'm not surprised to hear adoption is currently
going up.

It might get even more adoption if it appeared it was being maintained
currently. I realize its easy to say this from a user perspective; I'd
be happy to help in some way if my skill-set would be useful, but I
don't have a deep knowledge of email systems.

It would be a great shame to see such a well-structured mailing list app
fade into history.

just my two cents.

Philip