On 7/23/2012 12:31 AM, Magnus Fromreide wrote: >> Without it PowerTOP will not know what system call number >> __NR_perf_event_open has on ARM. > > Why can't it take __NR_perf_event_open from the libc headers? > That is, why can't the whole ifdef under /* some people have stale > headers */ go? > > Powertop is rather demanding with regards to the environment anyhow and > magic constants are never fun. 100% agreed; I briefly talked to Chris on Friday based on this patch and that is the conclusion we came to as well.