From: Joshua Brindle <method@manicmethod.com>
To: Richard Haines <richard_c_haines@btinternet.com>
Cc: jwcart2@tycho.nsa.gov, Jeremy Solt <jsolt@tresys.com>,
	selinux@tycho.nsa.gov
Subject: Re: Is the CIL project still active
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 08:29:28 -0400	[thread overview]

Richard Haines wrote:
> Glad to hear its still going as I started converting the Android
> policy to CIL using the current compiler that works ok so far. However
> I'm having problems defining 'sets of classes' for example with M4:

Since it is a small policy it should be possible to do a real, semantic
conversion (using blocks and ignoring legacy file types). Is that what
you are doing?

However, I'm not sure if CIL will be able to be in Android anytime soon.
It could still be used on the host side like checkpolicy/libsepol are
now but since CIL is currently statically linked against libsepol (GPL)
it would be prohibited in the AOSP userspace IIUC.