On 02/15/2017 09:26 AM, Vladimir Sementsov-Ogievskiy wrote: > Hi all! > > What is the status of qmp commands blockdev-add and x-blockdev-del? Is > blockdev-add stable (it never had x- prefix)? What should be done to get > rid of "x-" for x-blockdev-del? We are still working on 'BlockdevOptions' for iscsi, rbd, and sheepdog. When those are done (target of 2.9), then x-blockdev-del will be renamed to drop the x- prefix, and blockdev-add will be considered stable. Meanwhile, we are also working on adding a -blockdev command line option that maps to the QMP command, again targetted for 2.9. > > I see a lot of work on blockdev-add in the list, but x-blockdev-del > seems untouched about 8 moths.. Right now, x-blockdev-del is unlikely to change much, if at all; rather, it keeps the name to remind us that blockdev-add is still changing, so that we'll have a nice witness during introspection that both interfaces are stable based on the loss of the x- prefix. -- Eric Blake eblake redhat com +1-919-301-3266 Libvirt virtualization library http://libvirt.org