From: Miquel van Smoorenburg <mikevs@xs4all.net>
To: Roberto Spadim <roberto@spadim.com.br>
Cc: linux-raid@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: replaced disk in RAID1 imsm array - how to activate?
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2012 19:56:22 +0200	[thread overview]

Aha! Found it!

Before I tried IMSM support on real hardware, I ran some tests in
VirtualBox. Because VirtualBox has no Intel Matrix option rom, I set
IMSM_NO_PLATFORM=1 everywhere.

That was stil the case in my initramfs, so mdmon was started with
IMSM_NO_PLATFORM=1 in the environment. And apparently everything just
works, except for adding a fresh disk as a spare ..

I restarted (-t --all) mdmon without IMSM_NO_PLATFORM in the
environment, did mdmon /dev/md127 --add /dev/sda, and the rebuild
started right away.

Thanks,

Mike.