Updated version of the diff with the -X flag used to turn cephX off, -x to turn it on (for historical consistency) and an updated help output that reflects this change. CephX is on by default. I figured I'd send this out independent of the issues around vstart working when cephX is off getting sorted out. -Joe Buck On 10/21/2012 02:35 PM, Sage Weil wrote: > On Sun, 21 Oct 2012, Joe Buck wrote: >> It looks like vstart.sh does not work without authx enabled. Given that, I'd >> propose to change the default to having cephx be enabled and then use the -x >> flag to disable cephx. >> >> Interestingly enough, the help output for vstart.sh already states that the -x >> flag disables authx (which is not the case at present, but is after this patch >> is applied). >> >> I've attached a patch to vstart that 1) changes the mention of authx to cephx >> for consistency and 2) defaults vstart.sh to using cephx with the -x flag now >> serving to disable cephx. > Sounds like a good change, but let's make -x do nothing and -X disable > cephx, so that existing habitual typing of -x doesn't lead to failure. > > Also, we should fix the auth none usage at some point. :) > > sage