Hi Andreas, > I assume returning NULL is ok here if nothing went wrong? > I'm not familiar with plain dbus API, just using glib gdbus, there I would expect to create an answer to the call. The NewConnection method is marked as 'ASYNC' in the method table (see profile_methods). In our gdbus library, returning NULL here means that the method return is deferred until a later time. E.g. when we try to establish a SLC connection and fail / succeed. In this patch it is left kind of hanging out there and you would need to peek at patch 10 to really know what happens to it. Confusing, I know ;) Regards, -Denis