From: "Stefan Fröberg" <stefan.froberg@petroprogram.com>
To: buildroot@busybox.net
Subject: [Buildroot] multchoice menu with kconfig
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 18:32:43 +0200	[thread overview]

18.2.2013 18:23, Arnout Vandecappelle kirjoitti:

>> But don't you need at least host gettext stuff to process those .po
>> files ?
>>
>> I should now tell at this point that besides giving  -lintl linker flags
>> and giving --disable-nls to configure scripts
>> I absolutely have no idea how gettext works. :D
>>
>> Im confused now.
>> So no dependencies at all ????? Or gettext dependencies with locale
>> checking ?????? (Like Thomas said in his post)
>
>  Sorry, correction: it does need host-gettext, but the gettext package
> (or rather, msgfmt) is one of our global dependencies.

Ah, I see.
So if it's only that msgfmt that is needed and it is already there then
I can remove ISO_CODES_DEPENDENCIES completely?

>  host-gettext is only needed for the autoconf macros (because we don't
> use the system's autoconf, only our own version).
>
>  Regards,
>  Arnout

Speaking of autoconf (or actually autoreconf):

I have a prelink package ready here and I had to do PRELINK_AUTORECONF =
YES what happens is that it complains about
missing ./ABOUT-NLS and ./config.rpath .
I tried to give PRELINK_AUTORECONF_OPTS = --install --force so that it
would create those missing files but it did not change anything.

The only thing that worked was doing the following horrible looking stuff:

define PRELINK_POST_PATCH_FIXUP
    autopoint)
endef

PRELINK_POST_PATCH_HOOKS += PRELINK_POST_PATCH_FIXUP

Im still using 2012.08 version of buildroot so could that be the reason
that buildroots autoreconf does not create those two missing files ?

Regards
Stefan