From: Larry Finger <Larry.Finger@lwfinger.net>
To: Dan Williams <dcbw@redhat.com>
Cc: linux-wireless <linux-wireless@vger.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: Support for Realtek USB PID 0bda:1724 (rtl8723a?)
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 13:27:31 -0500	[thread overview]

On 03/21/2013 01:11 PM, Dan Williams wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've gotten a few questions about this device and wondered if support
> for this is feasible; it's not in any of the rtlwifi vid/pid lists yet.
>
> Some Internet Thread says there's a vendor driver here:
>
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/57056576/DRIVERS/REALTEK/rtl_92ce_92se_92de_8723ae_linux_mac80211_0006.0514.2012.tar.gz
>
> but I failed to find the USB IDs for that device in here.

That driver is for the RTL8723AE, and other PCI-based devices. There is no USB
code in it.

I personally have never seen an RTL8723AU, which would be the proper designation
for a USB device with the 8723A chip.

Do you have a link as to what devices have this chip? I am interested in adding
it to my collection, and getting a driver for it into the kernel.

Larry