On 05/16/2013 06:17 AM, Michael S. Tsirkin wrote: > On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 07:07:24PM +0800, Amos Kong wrote: >> Introduce this new QMP event to notify management after guest changes >> mac-table configuration. >> > > This makes it easy for guest to flood management with > spurious events. > How about we set a flag after this, and avoid sending any more > events until management queries the filter status? > Or use rate-limiting, similar to what we have done for other guest-triggered events (such as BALLOON_CHANGE), where management can then tweak the maximum frequency at which it is willing to receive events. -- Eric Blake eblake redhat com +1-919-301-3266 Libvirt virtualization library http://libvirt.org