On 05/16/2013 09:17 AM, Michael S. Tsirkin wrote: >> The >> existing throttling approach ensures that if the event includes latest >> guest information, then the host doesn't even have to do do a query, and >> is guaranteed that reacting to the final event will always see the most >> recent request. But most importantly, if the existing throttling works, >> why do we have to invent a one-off approach for this event instead of >> reusing existing code? > > Because of the 1st issue above. A large delay because we > exceed an arbitrary throttling rate would be bad > for the guest. Contrast with delay in e.g. > device delete event. > The throttling mechanism is good for events that host cares > about, not for events that guest cares about. Alright, your argument has me convinced :) Looks like we DO want to react to the guest as fast as possible, for less missed traffic in the guest, but also without overwhelming the host with events. -- Eric Blake eblake redhat com +1-919-301-3266 Libvirt virtualization library http://libvirt.org