From: Stefan Seyfried <stefan.seyfried@googlemail.com>
To: LKML <linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org>
Subject: INTEL_MEI_ME=y breaks suspend on 3.10-rc3
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2013 19:38:58 +0200	[thread overview]

Or, to be more precise: it breaks resume.

The machine seems to lock up hard after resume, then after a few seconds
it panics (caps lock blinking).

Reproduced on ThinkPad X200s

00:03.0 0780: 8086:2a44 (rev 07)
Intel Corporation Mobile 4 Series Chipset MEI Controller

Debugged with "init=/bin/bash no_console_suspend", I see lots of errors
from the mei_me driver, then finally the panic (some overflow maybe?).

Unbinding the device before suspend fixes resume.
This machine has suspended and resumed fine with 3.9.

This machine has no serial port, so it is hard for me to capture output.
I could try to take a picture of the panic message if that would be helpful.

Best regards,

	Stefan
--
Stefan Seyfried
Linux Consultant & Developer -- GPG Key: 0x731B665B

B1 Systems GmbH