From: POLETTE Simon <spolette@adetelgroup.com>
To: u-boot@lists.denx.de
Subject: [U-Boot] RE :  Reduce time to load
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 16:57:50 +0100	[thread overview]

U-boot take about 2 seconds to load the kernel.
The rest of the system take about 10 seconds until I get the prompt, so it represents ~16% of total time needed to have an operational system.
I agree to say that most of the work to reduce boot time have to be done on the kernel and userspace, but I'm trying to save as much time as possible, even if it's 100ms.
Thanks a lot for your help.

Best regards,

Simon Polette

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"A little knowledge is a dangerous thing."                - Doug Gwyn