On 07/11/2013 06:41 AM, Eric Blake wrote: > On 07/09/2013 03:53 AM, Kevin Wolf wrote: >> These can be used when an embedded struct is parsed and members not >> belonging to the struct may be present in the input (parsing flat >> namespect QMP union with discriminator) > > namespect? Not sure if you meant 'namespaced'? > > Again, a comment demonstrating in sample QMP on what this is attempting > would be helpful in the commit message. Without looking at later > patches yet, Now that I've read the commit message of patch 6/11, may I suggest something along the lines of this wording: Add a new visitor that allows parsing of an implicit struct, which is created by inlining the namespace of the nested union 'data' struct into the top-level struct of the union itself. -- Eric Blake eblake redhat com +1-919-301-3266 Libvirt virtualization library http://libvirt.org