* [Buildroot] packages build order and dependencies
@ 2013-07-12 10:56 Jan Pohanka
From: Jan Pohanka @ 2013-07-12 10:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hello all,

I would like to clarify myself how the order of the package build is
defined. I thought that when I specify the package dependency in
Kconfig, then the top one should be built first. But it seems that I
need also it to add MY_PACKAGE_DEPENDENCIES variable in mk file. Am I right?

Like this example
# Kconfig
config MY_PACKAGE
     bool "my_package"
     depends on BR2_LINUX_KERNEL

#my_package.mk
#is this needed for building linux before my_package?
MY_PACKAGE_DEPENDENCIES += linux

best regards
Jan