FYI, just for information sharing. KVM emulated x2apic feature no matter host supports it or not. You can get the code from arch/x86/kvm/cpuid.c. kvm_dev_ioctl_get_supported_cpuid ()->do_cpuid_ent() /* we support x2apic emulation even if host does not support * it since we emulate x2apic in software */ entry->ecx |= F(*X2APIC*); QEMU will get this feature through kvm_ioctl(). On 2013-07-24 8:48, Peter Huang(Peng) wrote: > Hi,Jiri > > Thanks for replying. > > So why VM identified different features from host is due to the hypervisor filtering. > I will dig into the hypervisor of how it filter features, and update status later. > > Thanks again.