Hi Ceph, During the Emperor summit this week, running and installing teuthology with a minimum effort was discussed ( see http://youtu.be/hrQuYzyXvVg?t=1h21m49s and http://pad.ceph.com/p/cds-teuthology ) I've installed it once, back in January 2013 and that was not too difficult but required a few hours and exchanging a few mails. More importantly, I soon discovered that the Inktank developers are modifying teuthology quite often and don't really have the bandwidth to make sure any third party can install or upgrade. It is still very much a tool internal to inktank. There are a number of Ceph developers who, like me, would like to be able to run teuthology on their own machines. But none of us has the time to make that happen on his / her own. However, if we get together, we may be able to do it. The trick is to keep up with Inktank changes and we may have found a way : meet online with the Inktank's teuthology developers on a weekly basis to bridge the gap. That would not be forever : just until there are enough teuthology users and Inktank is just one of them. Of course that will require some work on our part ( non Inktank employees ) but the overall benefit of running integration tests is worth it. At least it's enough incentive for me to dedicate at least 4 hours on a weekly basis. This is an open discussion, nothing is set except the commitment of Inktank to participate in these meetings and my own commitment of at least 4 hours / week i.e. half a day doing just this. Including the meeting ;-) Who's willing to join this effort ? Do you think there is a better way ? -- Loïc Dachary, Artisan Logiciel Libre All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good people do nothing.