Hello Yang, attached you'll find the kernel dmesg, xen dmesg, lspci and output of /proc/interrupts. If you want to see further logfiles, please let me know. The processor is a Core i5-4670. The board is an Intel DH87MC Mainboard. I am really not sure if it supports APICv, but VT-d is supported enabled enabled. > 4.The status of IRQ 29 is 10 which means the guest already issues the > EOI because the bit IRQ_GUEST_EOI_PENDING is cleared, so there should > be no pending EOI in the EOI stack. If possible, can you add some > debug message in the guest EOI code path(like _irq_guest_eoi())) to > track the EOI? > I don't see the IRQ29 in /proc/interrupts, what I see is: cat xen-dmesg.txt |grep "29": (XEN) allocated vector 29 for irq 20 cat dmesg.txt | grep "eth0": [ 23.152355] e1000e 0000:00:19.0: PCI INT A -> GSI 20 (level, low) -> IRQ 20 [ 23.330408] e1000e 0000:00:19.0: eth0: Intel(R) PRO/1000 Network Connection So is the ethernet irq the bad one ? That is an Onboard Intel network adapter. > 6.I guess the interrupt remapping is enabled in your machine. Can you > try to disable IR to see whether it still reproduceable? > Just to be sure, your proposal is to try the parameter "no-intremap" ? Best regards Thimo Am 12.08.2013 10:49, schrieb Zhang, Yang Z: > > Hi Thimo, > > From your previous experience and log, it shows: > > 1.The interrupt that triggers the issue is a MSI. > > 2.MSI are treated as edge-triggered interrupts nomally, except when > there is no way to mask the device. In this case, your previous log > indicates the device is unmaskable(What special device are you > using?Modern PCI devcie should be maskable). > > 3.The IRQ 29 is belong to dom0, it seems it is not a HVM related issue. > > 4.The status of IRQ 29 is 10 which means the guest already issues the > EOI because the bit IRQ_GUEST_EOI_PENDING is cleared, so there should > be no pending EOI in the EOI stack. If possible, can you add some > debug message in the guest EOI code path(like _irq_guest_eoi())) to > track the EOI? > > 5.Both of the log show when the issue occured, most of the other > interrupts which owned by dom0 were in IRQ_MOVE_PENDING status. Is it > a coincidence? Or it happened only on the special condition like heavy > of IRQ migration?Perhaps you can disable irq balance in dom0 and pin > the IRQ manually. > |6.I guess the interrupt remapping is enabled in your machine. Can you try to disable IR to see whether it still reproduceable? > > Also, please provide the whole Xen log. > > Best regards, > > Yang >