On 21/08/13 15:22, Rob Clark wrote: > And just to be clear, part of my negative experience about this is the > omapdss/omapdrm split. I just see cfd outside of drm as encouraging > others to make the same mistake. Feel free to disagree, but I think the omapdss/omapdrm split is a bit different matter. The main problem there was splitting the control of a single device (OMAP DSS, and more specifically, DISPC) into two. I don't see CDF causing anything similar. A single DRM driver should manage the DISPC in OMAP's case, and it should (probably) also control the external encoders and panel, even if those are independent CDF drivers. Tomi