On 11.11.2013 20:37, Junio C Hamano wrote: > Stefan Beller writes: > >> I do have this global config >> core.safecrlf=warn >> regarding line endings. > > Oh, that sounds very suspicious. If the payload has CRLF, CR and LF > mixed, that would immediately violate safecrlf, so failing the > application sounds like the right thing to do. Not having read the man page, but copied this global config from some '1000 git tips in 5 minutes' years ago, I do expect a setting set to "warn" to actually not change the program flow except some inserted prints with warnings. > >> I was using 1.8.5.rc1.17.g0ecd94d >> >> Trying to understand the problem, > > Likewise. Thanks for chiming in. > Looking at the file we have a mixture of LF/CR, LF only and CR only ending the lines. The formatted patch does have the same file endings on the respective line of that file here. I was trying to change just one line ending to 2 lines (LF CR -> LF LF) with a hex editor, so there it becomes a smaller (and more debugable ) patch. I also tried LF -> CR and CR -> LF, but none of these small changes seem to work. Stefan