From: Carlos Rafael Giani <dv@pseudoterminal.org>
To: Daiane Angolini <daiane.angolini@freescale.com>,
	 "meta-freescale@yoctoproject.org"
Subject: Re: About customizing the image_types_fsl class
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2014 18:40:12 +0100	[thread overview]

On 2014-01-20 16:00, Daiane Angolini wrote:

> As I know it's supposed to be released today/tomorrow

Just had a discussion with developers working on Cubox-I support. They
tried to push MXC SPL support for the CuBox-i upstream, didn't work out
so far. Otavio suggested to use mainline without SPL for now, but I am
skeptical about it. SPL is a very nice feature, it allows me to use the
exact same installation for several Cubox-i machines.

The way I see it, there are two options for me:
1) Use the u-boot fork with MXC SPL support for now, until mainline
supports MXC SPL. Then immediately switch to mainline by applying a
patch to meta-fsl-arm-extra.
2) Use mainline without SPL, and live with the fact that I need a build
for every single CuBox-i machine.

I personally favor (1), especially since it is already fully working for
me. I could send the patches to the mailing list after a little cleanup.
You seem to favor (2), since mainline is usually a better choice than
some odd fork (I agree on this in principle, but in this case, I favor
the fork).