On 22/01/14 07:04, Russell Senior wrote: > Also, for testing actual traffic over the batman-adv link, I build > OpenWrt r39354 with the patch on a Soekris net4526, so that there were > two nodes with the same revision (different architecture): > ubnt-bullet-m with ath9k; net4826 with ath5k. I first noticed that I > was losing about 100k of memory every couple seconds and pretty soon > (with 20 minutes) the net4826 started oopsing on out-of-memory. > mh..does this happen with or without fragmentation enabled? Does this happen even if you don't generate traffic on the interface? > I removed the patch, rev'd OpenWrt to r39365 and confirmed that the > net4826 build was also leaking at a substantial rate. > > I am seeing a similar, though possibly slower, leak on the ubiquiti > bullet m2hp. Right before rebooting, top shows kworker/u2:$N (where > $N is 0 or 3) chewing up some cpu cycles. > > Has anybody else seen this memory leak? Leads on where it's coming > from? Not a runaway process, at least not that top shows up. Just a > gradual disappearance from MemFree that /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches > doesn't fix. It isn't adhoc mode, and I can associate the two devices > over adhoc and move a bunch of data with no memory lost, but turning > on batman-adv seems to sink it. > > Thanks for reporting! -- Antonio Quartulli