On 28/02/14 15:31, Tomi Valkeinen wrote: > Compared to what I've done on OMAP, you don't seem to specify the video > inputs for the tc358764 at all. In this case it's obvious, as the chip > is a child of the DSI master. But the chip could as well be controlled > via i2c, and so be placed as a child of the i2c nodes. > > So even if the driver doesn't use it, maybe it would be more future > proof to have both input and output endpoints for the tc358764? Oh, and one addition: how me and Laurent see the DSI case (and other similar ones), the child/parent relationship gives the control bus path, and the video ports give the video data path. So both are always needed. A DSI panel may be controlled via DSI, i2c, spi, but the video path will always go from DSI master to the panel. Or, as a theoretical panel, you could have a DSI controlled panel, being a child of the DSI master, but the video data would come via, say, parallel RGB. You can actually do that with some panels/encoders, even if the concept is silly. Tomi