On Mar 18, 2014 8:04 PM, "Sage Weil" > wrote: > > I think you're on the right track. I suspect it would go something like: > > - get environment, infrastructure up and running > - parse basic message exhcange, but not messages > - add support for individual message types by subsystem > - mon<->client (including authentication and such) (small) > - osd<->client (small) > - osd<->osd (big) > - mon<->mon (medium) > - client<->mds (medium) > - mds<->mds (big) > Thanks, this is exactly what I was looking for. > The nice thing here is that the stop point is moveable. Getting the > basics in place will make it easy for others to add or update additional > message decodings later, and with just the few most common messages the > tool is immediately useful. > I was thinking the same think. While I think I can finish all the protocols in the given time I obviously don't know enough to be sure. I'm writing my proposal so that even if I got hit by a bus the finished work should be a solid foundation. > At some point early I would engage with the Wireshark folks too to make > sure things are appropriate for upstreaming. Getting the initial support > in early and following up with support for additional message types later > might be a good strategy foundation Sounds like a good plan. Thanks, Kevin