On 05/06/2014 08:52 AM, Chris Friesen wrote: > Yes, I am in fact using OpenStack/libvirt, and did eventually track down > libvirt as the code that was cleaning up the monitor socket. > > Even so, I think this sort of change would be valid in qemu itself. qemu > created the files, so really it should be up to qemu to delete them when > it's done with them. > > They're not usable for anything with qemu not running, so there's no > good reason to leave them laying around. In the case of sVirt with SELinux labeling, it's often the case that libvirt has to pre-create the file (as qemu itself is prevented from creating the file itself) - that is also an argument for libvirt doing the cleanup. -- Eric Blake eblake redhat com +1-919-301-3266 Libvirt virtualization library http://libvirt.org