From: Vlad Zolotarov <vladz@cloudius-systems.com>
To: rusty@rustcorp.com.au, kvm@vger.kernel.org
Subject: virtio specification: OOO completion of the xmit buffers in the networking device
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2014 16:33:33 +0300	[thread overview]

Rusty, hi!
I'd like to ask for a small clarification about the virtio spec.
The virtio specification is put the way that it allows the out-of-order
completions in general. Although it states that it's mostly relevant to
the virtio-blk it doesn't explicitly bans it for virtio networking
devices (for generality?).

(AFAICS the current virtio HV implementations make sure there is no OOO
Tx buffers completions).

I wonder if this feature (OOO Tx buffers completions) seems practical to
u and if not can I hope that it could be clearly stated in the future
virtio specification releases that it's forbidden?

thanks in advance,
vlad