On 2014-06-17 07:24, Paolo Bonzini wrote: > Il 15/06/2014 08:20, Jan Kiszka ha scritto: >>> > I think implementing Xen hypercalls in jailhouse for grant table and >>> > event channels would actually make a lot of sense. The Xen >>> > implementation is 2.5kLOC and I think it should be possible to compact >>> > it noticeably, especially if you limit yourself to 64-bit guests. >> At least the grant table model seems unsuited for Jailhouse. It allows a >> guest to influence the mapping of another guest during runtime. This we >> want (or even have) to avoid in Jailhouse. > > IIRC implementing the grant table hypercalls with copies is inefficient > but valid. Back to #1: This is what Rusty is suggesting for virtio. Nothing to win with grant tables then. And if we really have to copy, I would prefer to use a standard. I guess we need to play with prototypes to assess feasibility and impact on existing code. Jan