That worked great. Except i'm now having a strange issue, been pulling hair's out for a couple of hours ... WARNING: QA Issue: taxi: Files/directories were installed but not shipped /usr/share /usr/share/java /usr/share/java/headless.jar And indeed, my jar file will not be bundled in the rootfs !! Some copy-paste from my recipe : SRC_URI = " \ file://headless .jar;unpack=0 \ " do_install() { install -m 0755 -d ${D}/usr/share/java install -m 0755 ${WORKDIR}/headless .jar ${D}/usr/share/java } Any clues ? If i change the path /usr/bin it works. Is it because i'm putting it in /usr/share/java ? But that's where all the other JAR's go ... h e l p > Paul Eggleton > 18 June 2014 18:31 > > No problem; please feel free to ask any questions you have. I never tell > people to RTFM, although I may point to sections of the manual if they > exist > to save me some typing :) > > Cheers, > Paul > > Laurent d'Havé > 18 June 2014 18:19 > Damn , i did RTFM, but that's not the version i was reading. > That'll teach me ! > > > Thanks for quick response, really sorry , for not reading the latest > version of the manual. > > > Take care > Laurent > > Paul Eggleton > 18 June 2014 18:09 > > Actually, I was mistaken - it is mentioned in the reference manual: > > http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/current/ref-manual/ref-manual.html#var-SRC_URI > > (FWIW, I'm happy to answer questions even if they are covered by > the manual, this is just an aside ;) > > Cheers, > Paul > > Laurent d'Havé > 18 June 2014 15:32 > Hello > In a recipe i'm writing, i need to simply copy a .jar file. > Since it's specified in SRC_URI , bitbake extracts it, making WORKDIR > a complete mess, and makes it impossible to copy the .jar file to > destination. > > > How would i go about simply copying it ? Anyway to tell bitbake NOT to > extract content of it ?