On 06/19/2014 10:49 AM, Eric Blake wrote: > if qemu allows shared BDS, and I am able to open 'base' as a shared BDS > for both disks, then an attempt to block-commit img1 into base will be > blocked because base is still in use by img2. But as a management app, > I shouldn't be attempting that in the first place. Yes, it would be > nice if qemu blocks me from being stupid; but even if qemu allows shared > BDS, if I don't open a shared BDS on 'base' in the first place, it is no > different than if qemu doesn't allow shared BDS. Either way, it's not > qemu's fault if I, as management, try to commit into a file that is in > use by more than one chain. > That's what I meant to say, > > if I am not able to do a shared BDS, I'm still > and as the management, I did not request that qemu open 'base' as a > shared BDS between both and this was leftover ramblings that I was experimenting with, but forgot to delete once I had the paragraph above the way I liked it. Sorry for any confusion. -- Eric Blake eblake redhat com +1-919-301-3266 Libvirt virtualization library http://libvirt.org