From: Jayson Vantuyl <jvantuyl@engineyard.com>
To: and development general discussion LVM <linux-lvm@redhat.com>
Subject: [linux-lvm] Metadata Too Large For Circular Buffer
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 00:47:02 -0600	[thread overview]

Hello LVM List,

I recently encountered this error doing an lvcreate with CLVM:

   VG ey00-data metadata too large for circular buffer

I've Googled and found it elsewhere.  It appears my metadata is too
large for the space allocated by default on the PVs.  It also appears
that everybody else has encountered this with throw-away data.  I
have a very large, very live system on this.  What can I do to get
more metadata space?

It's CLVM, so I can't pvmove (even if I had the metadata space to
make new PVs and move this 3TB).

I can pvcreate a new PV with enough space and presumably add it to
the system, but will this work?  Can it handle having one PV with
enough space and others without enough space?

I absolutely have to find a solution to this, so any help would be
appreciated.

--
Jayson Vantuyl
Systems Architect