From: "José Díez" <jose@mediacru.sh>
To: linux-input@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Need help adding support for X1 Carbon 2nd Gen's Keyboard
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2014 22:19:11 +0200	[thread overview]

Hello linux-input,

This is my first post on this mailing list (or on any other kernel list,
actually), so sorry if I break unwritten ettiquete. Please let me know.

So I recently got a X1 Carbon Thinkpad, and so far everything has been
working flawlessly, but the Adaptive Keyboard generates some ACPI HKEY
events with scancodes that are not currently recognised. They are
reported to the kernel successfully so one could set up shortcuts by
using something like `acpid`, but perhaps it would be better if it
generated normal key presses (i.e XF86Something).

I've read through most of the thinkpad_acpi.c code and understand most
of it, but so far I've been unable to report normal keyboard events from
there (and I don't even know if it would be the correct thing to do.)

I must also say that these keys are somewhat odd. In one of the modes,
there are icons for "snippet tool", "cloud", "man speaking", "hands in
front of camera". I'm not sure what would be the best way to report
these, so I seek your advice here.

At the very least, I can list which scancode is generated by each key.