hi, On 09/09/2014 05:26 PM, H. Peter Anvin wrote: > On 09/09/2014 07:54 AM, Thomas Gleixner wrote: >> >> @hpa: You asked whether this might affect any other e6xx devices. >> >> According to the atom e6xx-series datasheet the HPET is non optional >> and always memory mapped to 0xfed00000. I don't see how that would >> harm any machine which has the hpet proper advertised via ACPI. >> > > That seems straightforward then. this means the original patch written by Conrad is going to be applied? Is there anything we can do to help regarding this issue? > I still wish someone would take a cluebat to Soekris. We keep hearing > crap like this about their firmware over and over and over again. It > isn't like you can't get EDK2 or Coreboot and build a BIOS based mostly > on Open Source components these days... oh, wait. I have send them another message regarding this issue, but so far they did not respond. In the past their responsiveness also varied a lot according to my collegue. Regards, Eric -- LSE Leading Security Experts GmbH, Postfach 100121, 64201 Darmstadt Unternehmenssitz: Weiterstadt, Amtsgericht Darmstadt: HRB8649 Geschäftsführer: Oliver Michel, Sven Walther