On 20/09/14 14:22, Ajay kumar wrote: > Well, I am okay with using video ports to describe the relationship > between the encoder, bridge and the panel. > But, its just that I need to make use of 2 functions when phandle > does it using just one function ;) > - panel_node = of_parse_phandle(dev->of_node, "panel", 0) > + endpoint = of_graph_get_next_endpoint(dev->of_node, NULL); > + if (!endpoint) > + return -EPROBE_DEFER; > + > + panel_node = of_graph_get_remote_port_parent(endpoint); > + if (!panel_node) > + return -EPROBE_DEFER; > > > If nobody else has objections over using of_graph functions instead > of phandles, I can respin this patchset by making use of video ports. The discussion did digress somewhat. As a clarification, I'm in no way nack'ing this series because it doesn't use the graphs for video connections. I don't see the simple phandle bindings used here as broken as such. Tomi