Am 02.12.2014 um 01:31 schrieb John W. Linville: > On Mon, Dec 01, 2014 at 04:27:25PM -0600, Eric Schultz wrote: >> All, >> >> I work for the prpl Foundation, an open source foundation organized by >> a number of companies, most related to MIPS. One project we work with >> externally is the OpenWrt project. Recently one of our members >> mentioned a new FCC requirement (described in FCC publication 594280) >> which requires wifi hardware devices to restrict modifications in ways >> that were not previously required. Some of the suggestions the company >> had internally for complying would be to use features like Secure Boot >> and other types of DRM-like mechanisms to prevent routers from being >> modified. This obviously would be quite bad for the OpenWrt community >> (and the embedded Linux community as a whole) so we agreed as a group >> to try to provide hardware companies with a way of complying without >> harming the community. >> >> I'm looking to find individuals (and other companies!) interested in >> working with myself and the foundation, companies, the OpenWrt >> community and eventually regulators to provide guidance to hardware >> companies on how to best comply with these rules. If you're interested >> in getting involved or just would like to know more, please get in >> touch with me. We want to make sure that routers and related embedded >> Linux hardware is hackable and we could use all the help we could get. >> >> Thanks and I look forward to working with you, >> >> Eric > > Eric, > > Obviously, I would be interested in hearing more. I suspect there > are others on the list that will be interested as well... I'm interested as well. -- Regards, Oleksij